Sunday, October 10, 2010

First road trip

I have decided to start a blog about my adventures on my Harley. I have had my bike for a couple of months but have not been riding much....due to completing a safety course and getting my license. Also, waiting for my "mentor", Roy who is also my love....Last week we rode to Buda to the Fire Fest and met up with Monique, Damon, Jackson and Emerson. We hung out with them for a few hours at the fest. Roy and I played with Jackson there at the children's park, bought him lemonade, a inflated spiderman, and let him ride a pony,(with gma walking along him)..then Roy and I rode to the Driftwood area and back home. It was a very good experience for me. Roy was leading for a while and I told him he was going too fast..so...he said I could lead....so I did at 10 faster miles per hour. (couldn't help it) :)

Yesterday, 10-9, we drove to Johnson City and found out there was a rally when we were 10 miles out. so....we went, but did not stay...instead we met some friends from San Marcos and rode with them to Albert, Texas. Had a beer and rode back to Austin. We stopped at the Nutty Brown restaurant, ate and went home. It was a thrilling ride for me. We clocked 175 miles round trip. The hill country out there is so breathtaking...loved it. the part that made me nervous was driving in the dark.....that was good practice....I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment